Literacy Lift Off
Literacy Lift Off is an intervention that gives children lots of opportunities to read books at their own level of competency and gradually lift the complexity of what they can do in both reading and writing.
Skills and Strategies developed through Literacy Lift Off
● Re-reading familiar books to build fluency and confidence
● Being introduced to and attempting to read a new book
● Composing and recording their own messages
● Reconstructing the story which has been cut-up
● Exploring how words work using magnetic letters and whiteboards.
Each group participates in the following stations on a rotational basis
- Familiar Read
- New Book
- Phonics/ Word Study
- Writing Station
For more information on the Literacy Lift Off approach click here